Chapter Four: Basics Of Stream Fishing
Moving water adds variety to your fishing and there is nothing more soothing than wading a trout stream. In this chapter you'll learn how to fly fish for trout and deal with the complexities of currents and how to present your fly so that it looks natural. You'll learn special casts for making your fly look natural. Then we'll show you how to fish a streamer, perhaps the easiest way to begin fishing in moving water.
You will also learn how to wade safely and how to play a fish in moving water.
Equipment For This Chapter
- Helios 2 905-Tip Flex Fly Rod Outfit
- Superfine Carbon 3-weight 7'6" Fly Rod
- Dri Release Casting T
- Vertical Chest Pack
- Silver Sonic Waders
- Lightweight Wading Boots
Stream Fishing Podcasts
- The Art of the Hook Set Part 1
- Fly Fishing High and Low Flow River Conditions
- Ten Tips on Fishing a New Trout Stream