- [Tom] Finally, you can further modify your presentation by adding weight. Sometimes you can do it by going to a heavier fly, but you can also add split shot. Weight on the leader is not allowed in competition fishing, but it's just fine for us civilians. - [George]
As I'm working a shallow shelf, we were ticking bottom. But as soon as I went another four, five feet out, we got some depth, a little more current and I stopped ticking bottom. So all I'm going to do is just switch to a fly with one bead size heavier. You know, there's those times of the year, as you know, Tom, where it doesn't really matter what you do, what level you put the fly, they come up out of the bottom.
But then, there are times like right now where you've got to almost force feed them.
- So now you got to switch again?
- We're going to switch again or we're kind of maxed out with the size of the beads right now. This is a 532nd, so now we're just going to add a tiny little shot.
- Okay, between the two flies.
- Between the two flies, and just more closer to four or five inches above the point fly or the bottom fly.