Chapter Eight: Reading The Water
In this chapter you'll learn about the habits of trout. Trout are seldom found everyplace in a stream and choose their location based on current, food supply, and protection. Learn how to narrow down your choices by fishing in the most likely places.
You will also learn how to sneak up on trout without scaring them, and special ways you can cast to keep your line out of their view. You'll also learn about the best clothing for sneaking up on wary trout.
Equipment For This Chapter
- Helios 2 905-Tip Flex Fly Rod Outfit
- Superfine Carbon 3-weight 7'6" Fly Rod
- Dri Release Casting T
- Vertical Chest Pack
- Silver Sonic Waders
- Lightweight Wading Boots
- Reading the Water Part 1 of 3
- Reading the Water Part 2 of 3
- Reading the Water Part 3 of 3
- Top Five Fly Fishing Tips for Fishing Unfamiliar Waters